About the terms
Access to and use of ‘dereksmedleymw.co.uk’ both within the UK and internationally is provided by Derek Smedley MW on the following terms:
03. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on dereksmedleymw.co.uk then the latter shall prevail.
Use of dereksmedleymw.co.uk
05. You agree to use the dereksmedleymw.co.uk network (including message forums) in accordance with the following conditions:
i. About your contributions and participation:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
- You will not behave disruptively, offensively or abusively: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same. You agree to use dereksmedleymw.co.uk in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of dereksmedleymw.co.uk. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing, threatening or causing distress or inconvenience to any user, impersonation of any other users and disruption of the normal flow of dialogue within dereksmedleymw.co.uk.
- You must not create or submit unwanted material to any Derek Smedley MW members (“Spam”): we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
- You may not use the dereksmedleymw.co.uk service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, profile names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the dereksmedleymw.co.uk service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack dereksmedleymw.co.uk or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with dereksmedleymw.co.uk.
ii. Your Derek Smedley MW Account:
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your profile name.
- You must keep contact information accurate and up to date. Your account must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
iii. Safety: We do our best to keep dereksmedleymw.co.uk safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help in order to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- You will not collect users’ information, or otherwise access dereksmedleymw.co.uk, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- We advise that you strictly monitor any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) on dereksmedleymw.co.uk. You must not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on dereksmedleymw.co.uk.
iv. Legal requirements:
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material to the dereksmedleymw.co.uk network with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to submit to or share with dereksmedleymw.co.uk only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of Derek Smedley MW or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
Breach of Terms
06. Derek Smedley MW reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action, in accordance with applicable laws, against any Derek Smedley MW account, at any time, for any reason.
07. Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your dereksmedleymw.co.uk profile and club membership. While dereksmedleymw.co.uk prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Derek Smedley MW cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the dereksmedleymw.co.uk service at your own risk.
08. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on dereksmedleymw.co.uk and all Content located on the site shall remain vested in Derek Smedley MW or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use dereksmedleymw.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any dereksmedleymw.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of dereksmedleymw.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of Derek Smedley MW.
09. The names, images and logos identifying Derek Smedley MW. or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Derek Smedley MW. and third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of Derek Smedley MW. or third parties.
10. Derek Smedley MW claims no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Derek Smedley MW service. Profiles and materials uploaded remain your property. You can remove their profile at any time.
11. We encourage you to contribute your creations to dereksmedleymw.co.uk or consider progressive licensing terms.
12. Derek Smedley MW undertakes to obey all relevant copyright laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws. To make a claim, please provide us with the following:
i. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
ii. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
iii. A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Derek Smedley MW to locate the material;
iv. Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
v. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
vi. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to email@example.com.